AmazonSmile is a website operated by Amazon that lets customers enjoy the same wide selection of products, low prices, and convenient shopping features as on Amazon.com. The difference is that when customers shop on AmazonSmile (smile.amazon.com), the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the price to your chosen charity.
AmazonSmile is very simple to use—all you need is an Amazon account. On your first visit to the site, you will be asked to log in to your Amazon account with an existing username and password (you do not need a separate account for AmazonSmile). You will then be prompted to choose the charity you wish to support.
We hope you will choose Arbroath Old and Abbey Church of Scotland
Setting up AmazonSmile
From a desktop/laptop computer, using your browser type in www.smile.amazon.co.uk and log in to you Amazon account.
Towards the top of the screen you should see in orange the word ‘Supporting’ and alongside this a dropdown box where you can choose the charity you wish to support. Start typing the name Arbroath Old and Abbey Church of Scotland and it should show up as a charity you can link your purchases to.
If you shop from your iPhone or iPad, you will need to do the following on each device:
- Open Safari and type www.smile.amazon.co.uk in the web address field at the top. AmazonSmile will open.
- Touch the share button (looks like a box with an arrow) to the left of the website address.
- Touch Add to Home Screen (you may have to scroll down).
- Touch Add.
Then, remove the old Amazon app from your iPhone and iPad if you have it installed so that you will always shop at Amazon through AmazonSmile:
- Hold your finger on the original Amazon app until it wiggles.
- Touch the black ‘X’ to delete the app from your iPhone/iPad. You will see an alert that your Amazon data will be deleted. This will not delete your Amazon account or any of your wish lists or order history. It is simply the app saved on your device that is deleted.